Produced by Wayne Hall and Jeffrey Crecelius
This week Mark and I have had a great time re-watching 3 videos from the Going For The One era. As you may know, there is an extensive behind-the-scenes film of what went on at Mountain Studios in Montreux in 1976 and I was wondering if the feel of that process was evident in the following tour. So Mark suggested the film of Glasgow on that tour and I added the mash-up of the title song which takes film footage from several different concerts and matches it to a good quality soundtrack.
All 3 videos are embedded below. You might want to watch them before listening to us discuss our reactions.
- What was the mood like when Yes were recording Going For The One in Switzerland?
- Did the melodica trio end up on the album or not?
- Why did Rick Wakeman take his shoes and socks off in Glasgow and what did he do next?
Listen to the episode and let us know what you think!
Bag yourself a fabulous piece of YMP history before it’s too late…
- Order a YMP Trivia Card Game ‘The Answer Is Yes!’ – available now!
- Order the unique Full Union art print – available now
- Jeffrey Crecelius and
- Wayne Hall
|Mark James Lang
|Mark ‘Zarkol’ Baggs
|Guy R DeRome
|Hogne Bø Pettersen
Robert and David
If you are still listening to the podcast on the website, please consider subscribing so you don’t risk missing anything:
The music I use is the last movement of Stravinsky’s Firebird Suite. This has been used as introduction music at many Yes concerts. My theme music is not take from a live concert – I put it together from: archive.org